New Delhi: India today approved a navy proposal to float a $5.9-billion tender for locally building next generation attack submarines with foreign help, for which state-run Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) and Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) are set to compete. The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) of the […]
New Delhi: The Indian Navy today began a fresh process for leasing 24 Naval Utility Helicopters (NUH), issuing a Request for Information (RFI) to foreign vendors. The last date for replying to the RFI is June 18. According to the RFI, the navy plans to keep the helicopters with ground-support equipment for […]
New Delhi: India‘s national helicopter carrier Pawan Hans Limited is said to be in talks with the nation’s navy to lease its utility choppers, urgently required by the defence force to plug a critical operational capabilities gap. Pawan Hans looks to cash in on the delays faced by […]
India’s Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Karambir Singh tells Defence.Capital editor N. C. Bipindra in this Part-2 of an exclusive interaction earlier this month that India’s national interests, including security interests, are intrinsically linked to the seas and extend across the vast seascape of the Indo-Pacific. Q. The […]
By Commander K. P. Sanjeev Kumar (Editor’s Note: A debate is raging on the suitability of the indigenous Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) for an Indian Navy warship. This article is from an expert naval aviator and is a very important contribution for readers to understand the technical issues […]
New Delhi: India’s top officer responsible for defence acquisition has just dropped the bomb: The recently announced hike in the country’s Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) norms to 74 per cent will not apply to the Strategic Partnership programmes that the armed forces are pursuing. This is big — […]
New Delhi: India’s Ministry of Defence has postponed its key meeting to discuss and approve procurement proposals of the armed forces worth $12 billion. The meeting of the Defence Acquisition Council, chaired by Minister of Defence Rajnath Singh, was scheduled to happen today, but will now take place […]
New Delhi: Hit hard by media criticism of slowdown in major defence projects under the ‘Make in India‘ initiative, the Narendra Modi government today said it was expediting the three key procurement programmes for next generation submarines, naval utility helicopters and the 114-combat jets, cumulatively worth $23 billion. […]